Read Time:57 Second

     Raipur, December 11, 2015: BJP Government in Chhattisgarh has decided to privatize its 72 model schools in the state.

     For better management of the schools it has been decided to hand that over to a private party under the public private partnership (PPP) model, said an official.

     Under the central scheme 72 model schools were running in the state, he said.

     However, the Centre has stopped funding of such model schools because of which it was decided to handover that to a private party, the official said.

     Under the PPP model, 40 per cent of the seats would be reserved for the poor and tribals, whose expenses would be borne by the state government, where as the rest 60 per cent students will be enrolled taking from them fees, he said.

      “We are hopeful under the private hand the standard of education will also improve in those 72 schools, which are mainly located in backward areas of the state,” said the senior state government official.

Previous post Sobha Soni takes charges as Social Welfare Board Chairperson
Next post CM Raman Singh creates history